Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Gardening In January???

I decided I’d better get the berry starts I was given in the ground before it started raining again. And since it wasn’t a horrible day, I did a few other things, too… It seems a bit early, but I remembered how much I enjoy getting my hands dirty!

Thank You God for things that grow! “Then God said, ‘Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.’ And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.” Genesis 1:11-12

planting berries 01raspberries

planting berries 02 

strawberries (I moved the mint and herbs to pots)

 planting berries 04

I hope they survive! Megan was right… the mint did get totally out of hand!

planting berries 03

the bed under the boys’ window is finally ready for some nice shade flowers. Some color will look very nice there!

No comments: