Sunday, February 14, 2010

Daydreaming

When I was a kid our family drove by this farm that was for sale near our house. It was a picturesque farm; a little white farmhouse and a big barn surrounded by rolling hills and a creek running across the property. Ever since I saw that farm I fantasized about being a farm wife! 

I would dream about having a horse, some chickens, cows, goats, pigs and ducks. I could picture myself waking up with the sun and going out to do morning chores and working in the garden in the afternoon. I sometimes could even smell the bread baking in the oven!

Although I don’t live on 50 acres of pristine fertile farmland, I still dream of having a farm. Thanks to my little garden patch out back and the new zoning laws, I feel like I’m fulfilling a bit of that dream every time I bake a loaf of bread or make a bar of soap or can pickles from my garden.

For now I am content with our little backyard farm… But I do find myself pouring over the farm&garden listings on craigslist and thumbing through “Mother Earth News” every time I see a magazine stand.

And who knows what God has for me in the future???

dream farm

No comments: