Sunday, June 20, 2010

First (Possibly Only) Fruits

Wonders never cease! While going out to treat the girls to some strawberry tops from yesterday’s Father’s Day party, I noticed a little orange spot in our sea of brown and green. There was a little sungold cherry tomato just waiting to get picked, or eaten by a bird…

first fruits 01I decided to investigate a little further and found that we also had a few specks of red in the strawberry patch!

first fruits 02first fruits 03I truly hope this isn’t the only crop we get this year…

Thankfully we have friends who bless us with fresh produce! Today Randy invited us over for raspberry picking and we got some rhubarb as a bonus! Thanks Randy!!!

rhubarb raspberries 01

2 comments:

MTWaggin said...

Oh be still my heart. My raspberries won't produce this year (they all started from the bottom) but I have had one crop of rhubarb and my wonderful Mom brought her best rhubarb recipes with her when she arrived last week! YAY umm YUM!

Leingang Family said...

I just found a recipe for rhubarb jam with candied ginger and honey that I can't wait to try! And of course I am going to make our favorite rhubarb bars, too... Enjoy your rhubarb and thanks for visiting!