Monday, February 14, 2011

Farmhouse Dishes

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before, but I have a weakness for dishes. I adore dishes! I look at them every time I walk into any store. I would love to eat off of a different set of dishes at every meal. I often think about what kind of dishes would be best with what we are eating. Is that weird???

My mom and I made a trip to my favorite second-hand store, Mike’s in Estacada. He always has some treasure that I just have to bring home! And this trip was no exception. And this time it was a set of dishes!!!

They were the perfect set! 1940-50’s vintage, pottery, unique style and a farm theme! My mom had seen them there the week before and they were still there… It’s like they were just meant for me to bring home!

dishes 02

dishes 03dishes 04the dinner plates

dishes 05the carafe

dishes 06creamer (it has such a cute shape)

dishes 07    

gravy boat (I love the handle)

dishes 08

I love the feet on the bottom of the coffee pot!

We carefully wrapped each piece, boxed it up and brought it home. Mom and I could hardly wait to look them up on-line. They were Brock California Farmhouse from the 1940’s. Not only are they adorable, but they are rare and expensive! And to think that we got the whole set for only $35. The milk pitcher alone was worth more that that!  Every piece I saw, I want!!! Every piece is just perfect!!! Oh, the evils of vintage dishes… :o) I love the luncheon set! The salad plates and bread & butter plates both have sweet little farm scenes on them! But my favorite item has got to be the syrup dispenser! I am just sure that pancakes would taste even better if the syrup came out of this!!! (Click on the links to look at them on eBay)

I just can’t wait to eat off them! The perfect meal for this set? Biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs, 2 strips of bacon, glass of milk and a hot cup of coffee… Just what you need for a hard day’s work on the farm!

dishes 01

Thanks Mom! I love them!!! They are the best present ever!!!

No comments: