Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tea For Me

Evening in Missoula. It is my favorite tea! I’m not sure if it’s the tea or the memories… When Chris and I were dating at WWU in Bellingham, Washington, we spent tons of time chatting and getting to know one another over long cups of tea at Tony’s in Fairhaven. My regular: Evening in Missoula.

I was so excited when I found it after nearly twenty years at a fun little shop in Portland! So I bought a bag and brought it home….

Then I discovered this great little project for handmade tea bags using only muslin and sewing thread…

tea bags 01 Wash, dry, and iron a piece of unbleached natural muslin. Cut into different shaped tea-bag sized pieces.

tea bags 06

tea bags 02Hand stitch three of the four sides shut.

tea bags 03Fill the bag with about 1 tablespoon of tea.

tea bags 04Stitch the opening shut and tie off.

    tea bags 07 tea bags 08I love the ones cut with pinking shears and dark brown thread!

tea bags 10tea bags 09Put them in an air tight container, make a label and enjoy a hot cup of tea!  

No comments: