Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Free Carpet

Our house is a total blessing! I could not have imagined having a house like this and am thankful for it every day! But (yes, I had to throw in a but) it was a repo house and the bank put in the CHEAPEST, crummiest carpet you can imagine into it. It’s not ugly, just light colored and cheap. It’s really not ideal carpet for a “farmhouse”. It just never looks clean, EVER.

My dream is to have hardwood upstairs someday… And something for the basement. Hard floors are really not an option in a room with a keyboard, guitar and drum set. I don’t think we could take those kind of decibels reverberating off the walls.

But I think our problem has been solved! Well, for the basement anyway. Or at least I hope it’s been…

My parents were able to acquire some commercial grade carpet, in immaculate condition, for FREE! It’s pretty old and a bit, how do I put it, unique. But I love it and think it will be just right for the basement. I’m even hoping to have enough for the stairs…

Now I just have to decide what color I want the walls…

carpet 01carpet 02And, no, the walls won’t be pink! :o) 

2 comments:

Michelle A said...

Soft taupe or green would be pretty on walls....okay, do you have any idea how perfect that carpet would be in my pink rose-filled little house? I'm loving this! What a blessing!

adajane said...

Oh, pretty! Think of all the decorating themes you can do - all of which the boys will hate BUT it will be your girlie haven!