Thursday, October 27, 2011

Can I Be Done Now???

I think I am finally done canning for this year. At least all the big canning jobs. From here on out it will be small batches of jellies, chutneys, mustards and other little goodies. In reality I have to be done with the big canning because I am out of big jars, all I have left are the sweet little ones.

But it’s ok because I am glad to have my kitchen table back…

new done canning 01new done canning 02

and my canning shelf full! In fact it was too full and I had to make room on the shelf next door.

new done canning 05

new done canning 03

When I look at the shelves it doesn’t seem like that many jars. But it sure seemed like a whole bunch of ‘em when I was canning. ;o)

Each year I learn more about canning: what we eat, what we don’t eat, how much of it we eat. It doesn’t do me any good to have jars full of things no one will eat, does it?  Maybe one of these year’s I’ll get up the nerve to use the dreaded pressure canner???

No comments: