Thursday, December 15, 2011

Drinking Vinegar

I can’t believe I’m saying this… but I have drank a cup of organic apple cider vinegar every day for about two weeks. This just proves that I will do just about anything if I think it will keep me from getting sick! ;o)

Before you get the idea that I am just taking a few swigs out of the bottle I should tell you that I do doctor it up a bit before sipping. And I didn’t come up with this idea myself. I have several friends who do it and I finally decided to give it a shot. (Reading posts from numerous friends about nasty coughs, sore throats and barfing didn’t help.)

Apple cider vinegar is good for lots of things that ail ya from colds, to cancer, diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure, weight loss, digestion, arthritis, fungus, yeast…

This isn’t for whimps! I can’t convince anyone else in my house to do it at all. (Babies!) But there are a few tips that I have learned over the past two weeks that I believe has made it a bit easier to swallow…

Pour 1 Tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar (unfiltered & unpasteurized) in a large mug. Don’t use anything smaller than 8 oz. Diluting it helps.

Add 1 heaping teaspoon of raw local honey. (also good for allergies)

Fill mug with hot (not boiling, I think that makes it taste worse) water. Stir to dissolve honey.

Drink up! Repeat once daily (if you can…)  ;o)

OACV 01

No comments: