Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cleaning Closets

The first “extra” cleaning chore on my list for 2012 was cleaning out closets. After having a pretty productive purge less than 6 months ago, I really didn’t think it would be such a chore. I was wrong! It took two weeks and 3 more trips to Goodwill (I’ve taken 6 van loads since Christmas) to finish! But I am so glad to be done and have this happy and satisfied feeling every time I hang up my coat or get a box of cereal from the pantry… If only I could be assured that it would last! ;o)

Since I know it can’t last forever, I’m going to enjoy it while I can. So here’s a look at how they turned out. I would post before/after pictures for a more dramatic effect, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to be that candid and honest. LOL

closets 01 closets 02The coat closet

closets 04 

The pantry

closets 03

I love the shoe holder idea I found on Pinterest! (of course!)

closets 05

I also love my dry-erase labels I made from removable dry-erase locker stickers and my label punch.

closets 07

I turned the storage closet under the stairs into a photo studio for my youngest son. He does have to share it with all of the holiday decorations though.

closets 13

All the stuff from under the stairs got relocated to the furnace closet along with all of my fabric…

closets 12 

closets 06

  The linen closet got a majority of the keepsake boxes but a few had to go into my son’s closet…

closets 14and into the game/sleeping bag closet…

closets 08 

Geez! We have a lot of games!!!

closets 11

closets 10

Even my craft closet ended up with a few keepsake boxes. Believe it or not, we went from 30 to 20 boxes of keepsake stuff!

 closets 09This meant I found room in the other boys’ closet for the rest of their stuff! Yay! I can’t remember the last time their room has stayed clean this long!!!

closets 15 

I have mixed feelings about the newly found space in my closet… I was able to get all my clothes for each season into one box each. How? I got rid of a whole lot of clothes that I outgrew… :o/

Please let it last… Please let it last… Please let it last…

No comments: