Sunday, March 18, 2012

Out on Their Own

The girls officially outgrew their bin. It seemed like one day they had plenty of space and the next, they completely filled it up! So at just a mere four weeks old, it was time that they got their own place.

chicks out 03 At least I know which one is Licorice… :o)

I have to say, it’s a pretty nice place though. It does need a bit of work, but that will have to wait for some sunny weather that lasts more than 15 minutes at a time. I have big plans and big changes in mind for the coop this year! I can’t wait!!! Come on Spring, hurry up!

I feel terrible that their first night out, it snows! And tonight is supposed to be 28! Isn’t it March 18th???

But I know that chickens have survived for thousands of years outdoors, so my pampered little babies should be just fine… :o)

chicks out 01 chicks out 02As you can see I tried to keep them trapped so they would be closer to the light but it didn’t work. So, now they have run of the place!

No comments: