Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Egg Beater

I grew up using an egg beater. We used it for everything! But I’ve never had one as an adult. I have a stick blender, a hand mixer and my Kitchenaid. I love each of them and each one has their own special jobs in my kitchen!

When I found this egg beater for only $2 at our favorite thrift store and it was in perfect working order (didn’t catch at all), I had to pick it up for camping. I hate scrambled eggs that aren’t really well whisked! ;o)

egg beater 04 After it came out of the dishwasher I was just too lazy to take it out to the trailer, so I just stuck it in the drawer.

A few nights ago, I decided to use it to try whipping a little bit of cream for dessert. It was amazing!!! Not only was the cream perfectly whipped, but I think it was actually faster than my hand mixer!

egg beater 01 It also beats up fluffy egg whites and makes the best French toast batter!

egg beater 03

Yeah, I don’t think this one will be going to the camper after all… :o)

If you don’t have one, pick one up. You never know when you need whipped cream during a power outage??? LOL

No comments: