Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fancy Boots Makeover

When I found these boots at The Bins (aka Goodwill Outlet) almost 2 years ago, I was so excited! They were just was this farmer needed to feel pretty while out working in the garden or mucking out chicken poop!

duct tape boots - The Backyard Farmwife

But after nearly 2 years of real work, they don’t look nearly so snazzy. In fact they look kinda sad, tired and worn out.

duct tape boots - The Backyard FarmwifeSo I decided it was time for a  makeover. I found a pair of boots that someone covered with duct tape and looked so cute and fun, I decided to give it a try. Honestly, I probably could have bought a new pair of cute used boots for the price of all that fancy tape. But it wouldn’t have been nearly as crafty and I wouldn’t have gotten to finish them all in one sitting if I hadn’t been watching “27 Dresses” completely uninterrupted (yes, it did take that long to completely cover both boots with little strips of tape). Teenage boys leave you alone when they know you’re watching a chick flick in the other room. ;o)

duct tape boots - The Backyard Farmwifeduct tape boots - The Backyard FarmwifeWe’ll see how they hold up to the test of real farm work, but they do look super cute on my feet and sitting by our back door!

duct tape boots - The Backyard Farmwife

No comments: