Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bye Bye Grandma Thighs

This summer I realized my thighs were beginning to look like my grandma’s. All vein-y with spider veins, bruises, splotches and cellulite… Ugh! There had to be something I could do!

There was! Three weeks ago I started a daily regiment that has dramatically improved the appearance of my legs! They aren’t perfect but I am so excited!

Because I started several things at once, I’m not exactly sure if any one of them alone is the reason for the change but the combination worked.

Here’s what I do:

1. Drink more water! This is supposed to be very good for your skin and circulation.

thigh therapy - The Backyard Farmwife2. Dry brushing  I found out about dry brushing on Pinterest. I probably wouldn’t have ever actually done it if one of my followers hadn’t told me that it worked so well for her.

I bought a natural-bristle bath brush. I lightly brush my skin in a circular motion for 5 minutes on each thigh or other area. I watch a movie (in 10 minute increments) while I do it.

Dry brushing is supposed to improve circulation and aid in the reduction of cellulite.

thigh therapy - The Backyard Farmwife

3.  Wintergreen Essential Oil  I rub down my legs once a day with a few drops of it. This helps for sore muscles and joints from my workouts and is also supposed to help improve circulation as well.

I don’t dilute it with any other oil but you do have to be careful about using it straight! Experiment with it and do NOT use too much! A drop or two may do! Dilute it with a carrier oil if necessary.

thigh therapy - The Backyard Farmwife4. Grapefruit Essential Oil  After showering I moisturize my legs with a few drops of grapefruit EO and some olive oil as a carrier and moisturizer. This is supposed to help with cellulite. It has also made my legs really soft and I haven’t had to shave nearly as often! Yay!

thigh therapy - The Backyard Farmwife5. Vitamin K lotion  This is my last one. This lotion is for reducing the appearance of bruises, spider veins and dark circles under the eyes. Yeah, I’ve got those, too!

Apply a light coat twice a day. You hardly need any! The circles under my eyes and the dark bruise on my knee are nearly gone!

thigh therapy - The Backyard FarmwifeNow if only my thighs would get smaller as quickly… ;o)  

No comments: