Monday, February 4, 2013

Poop Boots & Chicken Water

The Wilco sale flyer is for me what the Victoria’s Secret catalog is for other women… I look at it over and over, pinning over all the things I would love to have!

As luck would have it, they had chicken feed on sale and we were in need of chicken feed. This meant a trip to Wilco!

I was also in need of boots… Mine are all cracked and my feet get wet every time I have to change the chickens’ water. :o(  There was a whole bin of black rubber boots right in front of the clothing department but not one pair in my size. My size required going all the way to the back of the shoe department where I would see all the other boots they have.

It was there that I fell in love with these boots from BOGS!

BOGS http://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/style/71138-207.html

I was just sure that tromping around scooping up dog poop or shoveling out the chicken coop would be so much more glamorous, not to mention comfortable, in these babies! Then I saw the price tag: $80. What??? That was the sale price… $80!!!

Immediately the dream of fancy poop boots died. But then I got to think about it. My boots get covered in poop, paint, mud, grass… Would I really want my beautiful boots covered in all that muck??? How beautiful would they be then???

I think my $10 boots are just fine.

boots 01Besides, I got to use the money I saved by not buying the fancy-schmancy boots on a automatic chicken waterer! Now that’s really worth having!

boots 02

1 comment:

Miriam Caccese said...

Love it! I'm the same way. I get chills when I walk into Tractor Supply :).