Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Clean Routine

I have to admit that I am pretty proud of the cleaning schedule we have worked out around here. It’s a three-day plan that rotates every two weeks. Every week the boys get a different chore to do and then other chores are on a quarterly rotation.

The core rooms, these are the rooms that either get nasty or company sees (bathrooms, hallways, entry, kitchen, living room and family room), are cleaned every week.

Frog bath after 2  looking in

The remaining rooms (bedrooms, office, schoolroom, and laundry room) are done every other week.

schoolroom almost doneIt keeps it clean enough but not what I call “moving clean”. We’ve moved 14 times in 18 years and whenever I go to box up all of our stuff, I see just how clean the house really is… You know what I mean. Like the crumbs in the drawers. (How do they get in the silverware drawer when I only ever put clean stuff in there?) And don’t even get me started on behind the washer/dryer! Gross! But when we clear out of a place I leave it CLEAN!

I realized we’ve been here 3 years longer than any other place we’ve lived in since we’ve been married and it’s NEVER been “moving cleaned”. I don’t even want to know what it looks like under the fridge… Ugh!

So, it’s time to work “Spring cleaning”, so to speak, into the cleaning routine starting at the end of November… Once a quarter, we’re gonna take two weeks (one room a day) and REALLY clean it from top to bottom.

Yes, this means cleaning windows, too… All 30 of them!!!

living room windows Shhh, don’t tell the boys. I haven’t broken it to them yet! :o)

No comments: