Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One Down… One To Go

When Dad was tilling our new garden plot, he promised me that it would “be like quicksand” when he was done. I have to admit that I was skeptical until I took my first step in…

first garden  03  I felt like Neil Armstrong! :o)

With soil like that, it was the perfect place to try some root crops! We haven’t exactly had any luck with them in the garden up top.

Today we got a reprieve from the rain. I knew it was coming, so I was prepared! Yesterday I made my seed tapes and picked up my seed potatoes and onion sets and mapped out my plan of attack.

first garden  02Seed tape for about 30 radishes and 200 carrots!

first garden  01 

With any luck, these should yield 20-30 pounds of potatoes!

I admit that I was actually giddy thinking about getting my garden in today! But I had other projects and chores that needed to be done… So after supper, Andy and I headed out to do some digging in the dirt!

first garden  05 first garden  06first garden  07first garden  08first garden  09first garden  10first garden  11first garden  12first garden  13first garden  14The potatoes, onions, scallions, garlic, beets, radishes, carrots and peas are all in! Whew! Thanks Andy! I couldn’t have done it without you…

Now we just wait and see what comes up???

No comments: