Monday, October 3, 2011

Farmwife Fitness

There are two things I really miss from my pre-children days: 1. bikini abs (yes, I did have them once…) 2. bladder control (don’t sneeze unless you’ve just gone to the bathroom).  Sorry, that was probably overshare!

While I’m pretty certain I can’t do much about the bladder thing, I would really like to get those abs back. Having your grandma tell me that I “look so cute and pregnant” in an outfit isn’t exactly a compliment.

Ideally, I’d like to just take a big rubber band and squeeze all that fat up to my chest where it would actually look good. Yeah, that’s not happening either…

Then I found this on Pinterest…

exercises ATTENTION ALL GIRLS: We ALL know that the lower stomach is one of the very hardest places to burn fat and tone. These are some terrific exercises to do in the morning and at night to burn those hard to tone areas! Do this every morning when you wake up, and every night before you sleep. I guarantee you’ll see results in a week flat!

I can’t tell you how excited I was! Now I should now that when something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. But I was too preoccupied with reminiscing about my 19 year old abs…

I have just completed my second week of doing these nine simple exercises twice a day… or just about. The first week was easy! All I could think about was what kind of results I would see at the end of the week! After seeing the results I found it a whole lot harder to motivate myself the second week, busy mornings or really tired bedtimes made a really easy excuse.

But I think I really need to be fair here. She doesn’t say what kind or how much of a result we’ll see. And after all, it did take me over 15 years to get this way and I’ve gone up two pants sizes in the last 15 months, so I’m guessing it’s gonna take longer than 2 weeks. I guess there’s always next summer…

No comments: