Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Seed Album

I found an idea for organizing seed packets in a mini album on One Hundred Dollars a Month.  It was such a fantastic idea that I ran up to the store and bought one right away!

But I really didn’t like the blue glitter. I took out the front and back panels and made new ones out of totally adorable farm scrapbook paper. Much better!

seed book - The Backyard Farmwife I added my garden plans to the first page…

seed book - The Backyard FarmwifeThen I added general when/where of planting sections…

seed book - The Backyard FarmwifeIt’s pretty fat with all of the seeds still in the packets, but it will thin out once everything is planted…

seed book - The Backyard FarmwifeI will still have all of my planting/thinning/harvesting directions. But best of all, I will be able to remember what I planted this year for next year and can slip in notes about what I thought/learned about each one. I always think I’ll remember but never do…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! My seed packages are heaped in piles on a big chair right now - I'll be starting this right away....might need two for all the pkgs I have!
Thanks, Paulette