Monday, June 24, 2013

Bath & Body Day Review

Several weeks ago, I spent an entire day making a whole lot of different bath and body products for the summer. Now that I’ve had a good chance to use most of them, here is my review on what I think:

Shaving cream: I loved the creamy texture of this but I would have loved it more if it would have lasted. Once the weather got warm, so did my bathroom and it all just melted away. The stuff in the fridge just became hard as a rock. Maybe it would work better in the winter when my bathroom would be at the “ideal” temperature for this. I think I prefer my red clay crock pot soap for shaving…

Shave cream - The Backyard Farmwife Deodorant: I may be prejudice since this one is my recipe, but even when I run this stuff stands the test! Love it!

Deodorant - The Backyard Farmwife Peppermint Coffee Sugar Scrub: This is just a bit of white sugar, brown sugar, coffee, peppermint EO and sweet almond oil. This is another hit! I love using it before I shave my legs! And it smells fantastic!

Sugar Coffee Scrub - The Backyard FarmwifeCoconut Milk Shampoo:  This one is fine. I don’t love it, I don’t hate it. I like that I know what’s in it, and my hair still feels nice, so I use it. Will I make it again? I don’t know???

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/03/homemade-coconut-milk-shampoo.html#more

Coconut Milk Shampoo - The Backyard Farmwife

Sunscreen bars: I haven’t put this one to the ultimate test (my poor sunburn prone hubby) but it works fine for me. Again I like knowing what’s in it and it seems to work for me. I’d make it again. But they do seem to melt a little too easy. They need to stay in the fridge or in a cooler while out.

Sunscreen bars - The Backyard FarmwifeCreamy Blender lotion:  This one is mine, too and the link to the recipe won’t work… :o(  But I love every one of the ones I made! The wintergreen one has been especially great since I started running. Really nice on sore tired muscles!

http://thebackyardfarmwife.blogspot.com/2010/06/creamy-lotion.html

Creamy blender lotions - The Backyard FarmwifeHair Spray:  This one really surprised me! I didn’t think it would work but it actually does. I don’t think it would hold up in a convertible but for just everyday use for me, it works well. Next time I won’t add quite so much lavender EO. Whew! It’s a bit overwhelming at first. ;o)

http://www.ablossominglife.com/2013/05/diy-herbal-natural-hairspray.html

Hairspray - The Backyard FarmwifeLip Balm: I like this lip balm a lot! I don’t like colored ones or smelly ones or flavored ones that just make me want to lick my lips. This one goes on so nicely and really does a good job of healing my sore chapped lips. And it doesn’t melt in my purse on a summer day!

http://thebackyardfarmwife.blogspot.com/2012/05/lip-balm.html

lip balm - The Backyard Farmwife

No comments: